Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday, September 13


It has been a good week overall. I have limited the snacking inbetween meals. I still must get back to exercising after work. Getting back to work after the holiday was a little rough. I was so busy that it makes the day fly by. I ate a Fiber One bar and oatmeal for breakfast and a Fiber One poptart with a can of soup for lunch. After work, I wasn't prepared to workout so I came home but I didn't snack before dinner YAY! I went on the computer and played a game that keep me busy. For dinner I had chicken and vegetables. I got back to the computer game so I avoided snacking after dinner YAY! I was feeling somewhat (insert emotion) that made me question what I have to offer in a relationship, like what makes me a person to get to know. I went to bed without answering myself. On Thursday, I was leaving work early because Scott had a show in Madison (about 1 hour away) starting at 4pm. The day started bad since I could not decide on what to wear or what to bring to change into for the show. I got to work 1 minute late. After I sent my request to leave early, I heard that a co-worker called in and would not be in all day. I then grabbed her leftover work and noticed she had orders/faxes from Tuesday. So before 9am, I was buried and I was leaving at 2pm. YIKES! I only ate oatmeal for breakfast. I wasn't making alot of progress with the extra work because the phone was constantly ringing and interrupting the order entry part of my job. I had the Fiber One bar and poptart plus a cold chicken burrito for lunch. The next 2 hours were crazy. I had to leave e-mails unaswered and phone call requests for tomorrow. I was so focused on work that I forgot I wanted to put gas in the car during my lunch break. I was to meet Scott and had little time but it all worked out since he needed to get gas in his car for the drive to Madison. We had a nice talk on the way. We arrived to the location which was an event to celebrate college back in session. The place was giving away free vitamin water and then free sandwiches along with free Monster and Bud Light samples. The place also had people dressed in coffee cup costumes. They twirled and danced which made for great video. Hopefully soon Scott will get video up on YouTube. I ate 2 of the sandwiches and a diet pepsi. After a short stop-over at the keyboardist's grandparents home that was up for sale, Scott and I headed back home. On our ride, I was thinking more about what I bring to our relationship. I don't play music, I don't read about music, I didn't go to the same concerts. I don't know the names of the guitarists or people from the bands of the 70s and 80s. I do listen and look interested in the conversations but lack the knowledge in order to participate. Scott asked if I had friendships from school still to this day or if I ate lunch with and hung around with people at school and he asked what I did after school. I was an introvert at school because of my weight. I was teased and talked about but I would ignore it was happening and keep my feelings and thoughts inside. I never wanted to cause a scene. I did my work and very little extra curricular stuff. I would come home and do my homework and watch TV. I would not call friends or hang-out at the mall. I stayed safe at home. This is not to say that I enjoyed my life. I just never did much to change the direction. After I arrived home, I went right to bed. I awoke on Friday and got to work on time. I ate oatmeal and a Fiber One bar for breaksfast and dove into my work. I have switchboard relief on Fridays. My department was down 1 person again today. I could not get answers back to people in my e-mails or my voice messages that I hoped I would. I am glad business seems busy for us but it is really picking-up or are we short-handed? I ate the Fiber One poptart plus a cold chicken burrito for lunch. I worked non-stop but couldn't reply to everyone. I left work knowing that Monday will be rough but ITS THE WEEKEND!! I had a gyro for dinner (kinda a routine) for Fridays. I came back home and played games on the computer which stopped me from snacking. I was up to midnight when I finally went to bed. My cousin called me at 8:30AM to talk about her mother who is recently diagnosed with a relapse of her cancer. Its in stage 4 and in many places within her body. She mentioned her daughters have volleyballs games so I decided to watch her 11 year old play at 10:30. They lost all 3 games but she served very well overhand which is new to her this year. I ate some popcorn and had a diet pepsi for breakfast. I came back home and played computer games to keep myself busy. I was still a bit tired from my late night and early rise. I ate some chocolate chip ice cream as a early afternoon snack. Scott texted me that he would be at tonights show about 8:15 for sound check and that he was spending time with his friend Kyle. I went out to eat with my brother and got home about 7:45. I had broccoli soup, a piece of bread w/ butter and meatloaf with mixed vegetables. I brought the dessert home. I then changed clothes and headed to his show. I arrived just as they were playing the 1st song. I sat at the bar and during the break Scott came over with the camera and said I could only take video since he left the memory card at home. I took about 90 minutes of video throughout the evening. Scott bought a single rose for me and I kissed his cheek (he has a slight cold) and thanked him. It is almost our 1 year dating anniversary. While talking Scott made a comment about renewing our lease (dating). I said is the rent going up? I mentioned I would like to renew the lease and hope he thinks the same. I helped with the packing up the gear and taking it out to the vehicles. He walked me to my car, we hugged and kissed on the cheek and went home. I went right to bed. I awoke on Sunday about 9:30 and still tired but I still got up, fed the cats, grabbed the desset from last night and watched TV (football pre-game on ESPN and then on FOX). At one point I got dressed and started to watch Favre's new team, the Vikings play Cleveland Browns. Before halftime, my brother asked me to go with him and his dog down to the lakefront. I got on my walking shoes and we got going. There was a kite festival so the place was buzzing with people but there is lots of room at the park. I took my digital camera and snapped lots of pictures. I think I walked about 1 mile. The dog probably 3 times that!! We stopped for a bite to eat and I had a chicken sandwich and diet coke. It has been a great late summer weekend. I hope we have 2 more great late summer/early fall upcoming weekends. Well got to run to the grocery store before the Sunday night football game between the PACK and BEARS at 7:30 tonight.

Making better choices,


  1. Hey Lisa!! So good to hear from you again...missed you girl! I'm glad to hear that your eating is improving so much....congrats to you for avoiding all that snacking...your meals are sounding much better and that is just awesome! Glad you got some walking in too...and that you and Scott are renewing your lease. Yay! :)

  2. No Lisa, I am NOT ready for football. My husband is though... lol