Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday, September 8

I enjoy reading the blogs and this is giving me encouragement and motivation. I am not a writer so I have not posted lately. I will give a update now. The work week went well except our receptionist was off and I had a 2-hour stint on the board all week. This takes me away from my own desk and then I play catch-up. During the week, I ate oatmeal for breakfast and a Lean Cuisine for lunch. I had sensible dinners and limited the after dinner snacking. I met a friend after work on Thursday to go walking. Stacy knows I am trying to lose weight and that I needed to do this. I don't know how far we walked but it was not too long before my body began to ache. I told her that I have to get into a routine of walking or going to Cardinal Fitness again. She said as long as the weather was not rainy or too cold, she and I would make this walking happen at least once a week. I was happy I did the walk! Then late on Thursday, Scott finally sold tickets we had for the American Idol concert in Madison. We were excited to go when they went on sale but the hoopla was over now. Since he found a friend willing to buy them, we were able to make other plans for the Labor Day weekend. So at 11pm, I was online making hotel reservations for the trip to Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota. I was so tired but this had to get done because I would have no time during work to do it. I had taken a 1/2 day off on Friday and I had a few hours to kill before meeting up with Scott on Friday afternoon so I stopped for lunch and relaxed while most of the others were rushing to eat and get back to work. I then picked up a few items for the weekend. We were hoping to leave at 5am Saturday morning so we both went to bed around 9:45. We got on the road around 5:40 and the drive up there seemed to go by real quick. We stopped twice to stretch and get some food. We ate breakfast sandwiches for around 450 calories. We arrived around 11:30 and went directly to the MOA. We both were there before but it had been years ago. I changed into my walking shoes and we made 4 round trips (once around on each floor) looking mostly at sports jerseys. Scott wanted a Favre #4 Vikings jersey. He didn't get one on Saturday. However, he bought more than I did. How can that be right? Aren't women normally the impulse shoppers? We ate chinese food and I know it was high in calories but I knew we had did alot of walking to sorta offset it. We left MOA around 5:30 and went to our hotel and enjoyed the entertainment in the "backyard". They had a 60s/70s band out in the pool area and a bar and a grill area. We had a $20 credit so we ordered drinks and a burger each (YUM YUM). We then moved closer to the band and listened to their 3rd set which ended about 10pm. After kicking off our shoes, Scott got out 1 of his purchases. It was a puddy-like material in a plastic container that when you press in your thumb or fingers you can make fart-like sounds. No he and I are not teen-agers but this prank-like "toy" was rather silly/fun. Seeing him smile and listening to him laugh made it a special memory that we both can remember of our trip. We went back to MOA on Sunday and he bought a Favre jersey and we took pictures of each other pointing to the jersey to post the pic to a friend. We then went to Underwater Adventure and took lots of pictures of shark, stingray, seahorses and other fish . This is where you can walk through a tube and the fish are above your head. I was a bit silly and he took pictures of me making faces into the camera. We started to head out of Bloomington around 5pm and drove into Minneapolis while taking pictures of the scenery of the drive and then into St. Paul. We saw the Dome where Favre will play against his former team on October 5th. We drove back through Wisconsin to his parents cottage to spend Labor Day on a lake. We arrived about 11:30pm and were a bit un-tired so he hooked up his camera to the TV to view the photos he took. About 1am, we went to sleep. On Monday morning the lake was packed so going out to fish would have to wait until later in the evening. It was an enjoyable do-nothing day. I was sad this vacation was nearly over. His brother and his wife came over and we grilled brats, hamburgers and steak and had a shrimp salad and another ramen noodle salad. I ate 2 burgers, some of both salads and then a small homemade strawberry shortcake. It got too late to go fishing so instead we talked and watched the sun setting over the lake. Scott and I left his parents cottage and returned home. We had a deep conversation that lasted into the wee hours of Tuesday morning. We talked about our weight and our inability to lose it before now, we talked about our feelings towards one another and I felt more secure in our friendship. I want more but do understand that it will come in time. Good things come to those who wait.. right? I spent the mid-day of Tuesday at home cathing up on mail and unpacking. I ate a Fiber One bar and a Fiber One pop-tart for breakfast into lunch. I got busy with a computer game that kept me from noticing I wanted to get something more to eat. I was proud of myself that I did not give into the habit of eating before dinner. I am also proud of myself that I did not give into the habit of eating after dinner. I want this proud feeling to continue and grow into more confidence.

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, you are doing wonderfully. I'm so proud of the efforts you're now making. It's so evident that you're now shifting all of the importance over to the eating and the exercise. I'm happy to hear it. I'm glad that you and Scott had such an enjoyable weekend together. And a strong friendship is the cornerstone of any lasting relationship, so enjoy this time with Scott while it builds into something stronger. :) Patience is hard in areas such as these...but it's worth it. I'm glad you're back....I've missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing well - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was your best blog yet. I had a really good time with you this weekend. I need to express myself more and not keep so much in. More trips in the future!

    ReplyDelete