Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday, August 9

The weatherpersons were predicting a hot & humid 90 degree day. I was going to a family reunion about 2 hours north of town. I didn't have time for breakfast before I needed to leave. There would be lots of foods later on. The shelter was indoors but it was not air conditioned. I was hoping we would have at least a breeze to cool it down. On the drive, the skies were getting cloudy so I thought it was going to rain. It stayed dry so I think that helped keep the temperatures down. When I arrived I was surprised by the low turnout. Then I heard a large group of family was staying home because my mother's cousin is sick with Krohns (?) and my mom's uncle is in hospice with cancer. With so few family, the variety of food was not there but still had tasty options. I enjoyed a salad of greens, cucumber and light french dressing. I had 4 meatballs, barbecue/manwich on a small bun, pasta with broccoli pieces, cauliflower pieces cheese cubes and an oatmeal/chocolate desert. I did not track how many calories I ate today. The weekends are tough for me to stay on track and on target with 1500 calories.

Well, it's time for bed. Going to be busy at work trying to get caught up after my 2 days off last week so need my rest.

Wishing for better tomorrows

2 comments:

  1. It's good to see you blog so many days in a row. It helps me to do the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get into the habit or it'll be just another weight loss tool that I start and don't fully use

    ReplyDelete