Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday, August 20

I awoke today feeling very sore from sleeping on the couch. I cannot turn as much as I do in a normal bed. My leg and hip felt like it was numb since I stayed in the same position all night. I was rushing to get ready and wasn't able to take anything to work for breakfast or lunch. I grabbed a danish at 480 calories. Then for lunch I found a packaged diet plate of carrots, celery, egg, crackers and cheese. I also got a snack package of vege chips for 140 calories. I called the furniture store to reschedule my delivery and at first I was told they had openings next week and that's when I explained my ordeal. They came back to say that I would need to call tomorrow morning at 8am to make arrangements for a Friday delivery but when I got home I received a call telling me of a 2-hour window for delivery tomorrow. Now I need to ask my brother to help out and be here waiting for them since I have to work and he has Friday off. I plan on calling the actual store to complain and I will tell my salesman that I was inconvenienced for 2 extra nights of being on the couch and having to wait around all evening Wednesday for the truck that was 2-4 hours late and for having to make my brother wait here on Friday. I will ask for some type of refund. Before dinner, I grabbed some shelled peanuts and snacked on them. For dinner I had 2 pieces of meatloaf with gravy, a baked potato with 3 pats of butter and mixed vegetables. I hope to get some restful sleep tonight. I will be busy tomorrow since my manager is gone and I will assume some of her work and I have switchboard duty for her breaks and her lunch hour which takes me away from my desk for 1-1/2 hours. I hope my furniture does arrive since I will need a good nights rest because on Saturday Scott and I are participating a 5K walk to benefit Make-A-Wish Foundation that grants wishes for children for life threatening diseases.

Make better tomorrows

2 comments:

  1. I certainly hope they get their act together!!! You need some good rest my friend!!
    Have a wonderful 5K!! Wonderful cause for sure.

    My best always
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get the bed soon...and yes, definitely ask for some type of compensation for your inconvenience and discomfort...I certainly would!!

    Awesome about the 5k...excellent cause! Good for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete